- LIS5408: Management of Information Organization
- LIS5485: Introduction to Information Technologies
- LIS5472: Digital Libraries
- LIS5703: Information Organization
- LIS5411: Introduction to Information Policy
- LIS5528: Storytelling for Information Professionals
- LIS5271: Research in Information Studies
- LIS5661: Government Information
- LIS5711: Cataloging and Classification
- LIS5275: Usability Analysis
- LIS5511: Collection Development Management
- LIS5590: Museum Informatics
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat DC, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive)
- Social Media presentation (HootSuite, Canva, MailChimp, Meta Business Suite)
- Website Management (WordPress, Drupal, webFTP/HTML, Omeka)
- Operating Platforms (Windows, Macintosh)
- Remote Networking (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Discord, GroupMe)
- Team Management
- Time Management
- Supervisory Experience
- Outpatient Therapy Services: Cuthbert, GA, 4+ hours
- The Willows Retirement Community: Cuthbert, GA, 100+ hours
- American Library Association: September 2022
- Florida Library Association: September 2022
- Special Library Association: September 2022
- Government Documents Roundtable at ALA (GODORT): December 2022
I’m a former library paraprofessional, finishing my master’s to become a library or information professional, seeking to obtain a position where I may utilize and apply my education, experience, creativity, leadership, and organizational skills to benefit the company and my coworkers, as well as ensure a successful work environment.
- Completed coursework: Digital Libraries, Information Organization, Government Information, Research in Information Studies, Storytelling for Information Professionals, Introduction to Information Policy, Cataloging and Classification, Usability Analysis, Collection Development and Management, Museum Informatics.
- GPA: 3.98.
Selected coursework: Line-Editing, Copy Editing, Electronic Editing, Editing and Designing Newsletters, Magazine Culture
- Minor: Sociology
- Member: Phi Beta Kappa, English Honor Society
- Selected coursework: Advanced Grammar, Advanced Composition, Professional Writing, Technical Writing, Creative Writing
Social media management, including managing and updating the School’s website, creating of images for the School’s social media, and updating the School’s social media. Travel and purchasing representative. Advising students on the master’s graduate level regarding classes, enrollment, certification, paths to graduation, and more. Creating classes and ensuring textbooks were correct. Making sure grades were entered correctly at the end of the semester. Collecting and storing final theses for graduating master’s students. Assisting in bringing 75th Anniversary celebration to completion. Ensuring that orders to orders to Building Facilities, Information Technology Services (ITS), and university police were submitted correctly, as department was without office staff for eight months. Assisting with orientation for incoming graduate students. Participating in the hiring committee for an additional staff member. Supervising 1 federal work-study student and 1 part-time staff. Assisting in bringing the department’s 75th anniversary to completion, including organizing catering, arranging location, and sending out invitations to more than 500 alumni, of which more than 100 attended, with a budget of about $4500.
Social media management, including managing and updating the School’s website, creating a twice-yearly newsletter, creating of images for the School’s social media, and updating the School’s social media. Began organization of 75th Anniversary celebration. Travel and purchasing representative. Administrative and academic support. Supervised 2 undergraduate federal work-study students and 2 part-time staff.
Administered and proctored a variety of exams within a university-based Prometric Testing facility, with an emphasis on protecting the intellectual properties of various clients. Controlled test areas by maintaining knowledge of policies, procedures, and best practices. Maintained sufficient security clearance to deliver federal-level Internal Revenue Service (IRS) examinations. Provided daily troubleshooting of technical difficulties. Provided high levels of customer support and service to 30 to 50 testing candidates a day, representing a wide variety of professions.
Created and managed schedules via Microsoft Excel and later Microsoft Outlook. Maintained department “out” calendar. Staffed customer service and reference desk. Maintained department statistics. Some limited cataloging of special collections archival objects. Monitoring for consistent temperature and humidity in storage areas for best preservation of materials. Responsible for creating department WordPress blog, as well as authoring posts, creating photographs, and editing images for department blog posts, found at:
Managed and maintained the calendars of a university dean, two associate deans, and two conference rooms. Travel and purchasing representative. Administrative support. Managed library association, including:
Maintaining membership lists; receiving and processing donations and fees; booking catering for board meetings and taking meeting notes; creating RSVP mailings for annual dinner, as well as creating signage for dinner and arranging catering for dinner; and troubleshooting any issues with memberships that might arise.
Copyedited undergraduate library newsletter, checking volumes for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Compiled monthly usage statistics for the department. Retrieved and maintained government documents. Developed and maintained blogs and listservs for use in multiple departments throughout the library. Managed department in supervisor’s absence.
The Mental Health Systems Act of 1980, https://doi.org/10.5860/dttp.v50i4.7933.
- Amaranth: The Preterhumans, Book 1, https://amzn.to/3D3fHR4
- Verdant: The Preterhumans, Book 2, https://amzn.to/3RnaoQJ
- Tales of the Supers, Book 1, https://amzn.to/3D5cu3p